We are hiring: Hostplus Cup – Strength & Power Coach
An exciting opportunity has opened to become part of one of the most iconic Rugby League Clubs in Queensland.
This is your chance to join the Brisbane Tigers, Hostplus Cup High Performance Staff. If you have an irrevocable passion for rugby league and an interest in developing the next generation of talent via a genuine pathway into the NRL, this role is for you.
As Strength & Power Coach you will work closely with the Head of Performance and the Coaching Staff to manage all the players in the club to continue to deliver success for the Brisbane Tigers both on and off the field.
- The Hostplus Cup Strength & Power Coach is primarily responsible for the development & delivery of the strength & power program to the Hostplus Cup squad – reporting to the Head of Performance. The HPC Strength & Power coach will establish a strength & power testing battery identifying key performance benchmarks & implementing individual performance programs for the Hostplus Cup squad.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Performance, Rehabilitation Coach & Club Physiotherapist to smoothly navigate the return to play process. This will include liaising with the Club Physiotherapist & Rehabilitation Coach to modify or design individual strength & power programs for RTP athletes.
- Assist the Head of Performance with the delivery of speed, agility & conditioning programs to the Hostplus Cup squad.
- Assist with the collection of wellness, load monitoring & sport science data where required.
- Support the management & coaching staff in the management of the Hostplus Cup squads match day preparation including individual player preparation, match day warm up & interchange/bench management.
- Tertiary qualification in Exercise Science or related field (desirable).
- Minimum ASCA Level 1 Strength & Conditioning Coach accreditation (Associate Level 2 desirable).
- Level 1 Sports Trainer (desirable – can be attained upon appointment).
- Working with children check
- Current driver’s license
Hours of commitment:
- The successful applicant will be required at all Hostplus Cup training sessions – this will primarily be on Monday, Wednesday & Friday nights from 5pm, however these are subject to change.
- The Strength & Power coach will be required on match days; this may require interstate / international travel to suit the demands of the competition.
Remuneration will be discussed at the interview stage.
Applications Close Friday 10th November at 5pm AEST