By Colleen Edwards & Lachlan Prince
This weekend’s Round 19 Turn to Me Round highlights the issue of mental health and wellbeing, and reinforces the importance of mateship during the off season.
This initiative, instigated by Isaak Ah Mau, Petero Civoniceva and Steve Johnson, is supported by the fundraising efforts of Swich On Inc each year. Additionally, Financial Advice Matters raised significant funds to support the initiative this year.
All players and match officials will blue socks that are a symbol of the round.
Redcliffe Dolphins (4th) v Brisbane Tigers (11th)
Match Kick off: 6:00pm
Date: Saturday, 28th August
Location: Moreton Daily Stadium
Head-to-head: Dolphins 33, Tigers 18, drawn 1
Hashtags: #intrustsupercup #PHINSvTIGES
- It was a 14-12 nail biter way when these two sides last met way back in Round 7 when Redcliffe got the chocolates against the Tigers.
- Redcliffe are now on a roll, winning their last three games. They have also won four out of the last five against the Tigers and on top of that, have claimed nine out of the last 10 home games.
- Redcliffe, despite being in fourth place, are sitting eighth in both attack and defence.
- Tigers on the other hand, are on their worst ever losing run (eight in a row) and have lost their last four away games.
- Tigers’ fullback Brayden Torpy needs just three more points to bring up 200 points for the Tigers. Torpy also only needs three goals to bring up 100 goals in Cup football.
- Tigers halfback Darren Nicholls is also approaching a milestone and requires four points to bring up 400 in the Cup.