By Colleen Edwards (QRL content producer)
The Ipswich Jets will be at home to Brisbane Tigers this week in the only match of Round 17 – Week 1.
All other teams have the weekend off and will be back in action across August 6-7 for the remaining games in Round 17.
Below are all the stats you need to know for Round 17 – Week 1, thanks to Brad Tallon.
Hostplus Cup Round 17 – Week 1
- The last time these two sides met in Round 4, the Tigers posted a comprehensive 42-8 victory at Villanova Park
- Since then however, the Jets have found some form and won their last game at North Ipswich Reserve (in Round 13 against PNG Hunters) after losing the previous six games
- Coming into this match, the Tigers have lost four of their past six game to drop from fourth on the ladder to 10th
- The Tigers have lost their five of their past six away games
- However, the visitors have won the past five games played between these two sides at Ipswich
- The home team’s last win over the Tigers at Ipswich was back in 2015
- Tigers coach Jon Buchanan will reach a major milestone this weekend, and will coach his 200th Cup game. He will become the fifth person to reach this milestone, having coached previously with Souths Logan Magpies and Wynnum Manly Seagulls. In his time he has 99 wins; three draws and 97 losses. This week, ‘JB’ will be aiming to also be the fifth coach to 100 wins
- More major milestone news for the Tigers with forward Jack Svendsen set to run out for his 150th Cup game. Svendsen also played with Northern Pride, and was part of their premiership-winning squad in 2014
- This is also the 50th game for popular Ipswich Jets prop Blake Lenehan who has played all his Cup football with the club
- This weekend, the Ipswich Jets will again wear their special ‘hi-vis’ jerseys to commemorate the 1972 Box Flat Mine disaster, which became one of the worst in Ipswich’s history
- The Tigers too will marking the 50th anniversary, with former player Merv Verenkamp (player 545) a victim of the disaster
You can watch all statewide competitions matches via QPlus.tv.